1. We want to do most of the sorting and distributing ourselves, but we are not sure yet. Can we just call you in for help as needed?
Absolutely! It doesn’t matter what stage you are at; we provide a range of options so that we can customize our services to your particular situation. Avenue Sixty-Two can do as much or as little as you wish.
2. I can’t be there to help my parents move. How can I be sure their transition will be smooth?
We plan the move well in advance, working closely with you, your parents and the residence manager. According to your wishes, we can keep you abreast of all our activities. We can even send you status updates via text on moving day if you like.
3. We have been trying to get rid of things for months now and we can’t get ahead. How can you help?
It’s not easy to part with cherished possessions. We will guide you through the process with a series of thoughtful questions that will help you decide which items mean the most to you and how you can part peacefully—even joyfully—with the rest.
4. We love the spaciousness of our home. How will we be able to live in a smaller space without tripping over our things or each other?
Of course there will be an adjustment, but it may be one that you end up appreciating more and more. We will provide you with an intelligent, modern floor plan that will maximize your actual living space. We also can organize your household items so that you spend less time looking for (or dusting!) your things, and more time just enjoying them.
5. What will you do with the items we no longer need or want?
It depends on what they are. If they are valuable family heirlooms, we will help you decide to whom they should go. If you would like to sell them, we can help you find the right channel—be it private sale or auction house. Other items can be sold through yard sales or donated to those in need.
6. My family wants to organize the move themselves instead of paying for a Senior Move Manager. How can I convince them the costs are well worth our while?
That’s understandable. Many people try to do it themselves first but then find that the process is more laborious and emotionally draining than expected. Our team will facilitate the decision-making process, mitigating disputes and helping you complete your tasks much faster. Plus, you won’t have the mental stress of having to find reliable movers, shippers, estate liquidators and cleaners.
7. How far ahead do we need to book you?
It is best to reserve our services six to eight weeks in advance of your move; this gives you enough time to go at a relaxed pace. That said, we can mobilize quickly if you are faced with an urgent move.
8. How can you ensure I get the price I want for my things?
Many things affect how much you will get for your possessions. Their quality, current trends, market demand, location and timing, all play a role. We work with experienced professionals whose expertise will help you get the best possible resale value. Feel free to call us to discuss at your convenience—there’s no charge!
9. Our daughter is moving to another state to go to university. Can you help with her move?
While Avenue Sixty-Two works primarily with seniors and their families, we are happy to provide our services to anyone who needs them.
10. Do we have to be moving in order to use your services?
No! We help people who are not planning to move and just want to live in an organized, clutter-free space.
11. Our parent’s home is beautiful, but their decor is out of date. Does this have an impact on their ability to sell their home or to get the price they want?
There’s no doubt that these days buyers are heavily influenced by all the images of a stunning designer homes they see in magazines and social media. We can help stage your parent’s home so that it creates maximum appeal.
12. Unfortunately, we are not available to help our parents move. Can you do everything from start to finish?
13. We’re downsizing and don’t know where to start. Can you help us?
Yes! We prepare customized plans to make sure that what you want to take will fit in your new residence. We work with you, and your family, as you wish, to sort through your belongings and make decisions about what to keep, gift, donate or discard.
14. My parents are thinking about rightsizing, but are not ready to move yet. When should we begin?
The sooner the better. Even thinking about a move can be stressful and you will likely need to reduce a large portion of your belongings. Starting well in advance provides numerous benefits, such as having the time to wait for just the right buyer for your unique and potentially high-value artwork.